Thursday, July 17, 2008

Whats next?

Alright heres a new post, a great achievemement by my standards considering the fact that i'm terrible at expressing myself. I am feeling really dull lately, it seems like i've lost touch with my aspirations.

All these years i've always thought that i had everything planned to perfection, i worked hard towards it and when i got a job overseas to pursue my career in investment banking, it was like a dream come true. Now that i'm here i find the question "Whats next?" ringing constantly in my head.

I remember vividly how amazed i was during my varsity days when i read articles on investment banking career and how bankers live on the fast lane; the ridiculous amount they earn, the cars they could afford when they're in their 20s, clothes they wear and of course the "people they meet". It was the coolest job, competition no contest! i thought to myself! No other jobs could trump this, the second profession in line would probably be management consulting?

Of course with all these perks come sacrifices too; lost of friends, family members dont remember you (will happen soon if i dont make a trip back) and on top of all you dont have time for yourself. This job redefines the meaning of BUSY...

Its been a few years now and i think its time i reconsider my goals...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home